Announcement by Liz Truss on the Gender Recognition Act Consultation and Reform
It is possible that an announcement will be made on 23rd September. When and if Liz Truss makes an announcement we will issue a statement in response which we will publish here on our website, Twitter feed and Facebook page.
Actions we urge you to take right now!
- Use our briefing – speak to people– friends, family, colleagues, fellow Party and Trade Union members. Use our evidence based briefing discussions about the single sex exceptions and GRA reform. We prepared this briefing initially for MPs and Peers, but supporters have asked for copies to support them in their discussions with MPs and in their CLPs and Trade Unions. It has a useful executive summary for people in a hurry.
- Invite us to speak to your CLP or Women’s Forum – Email: email@example.com.
- Do you live in a Labour constituency?
In the past month we have sent a separate letter and our briefing to all female and then all male Labour MPs. If you would like to amplify our message by forwarding our letter and briefing with a personal note from you to your local MP, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you voting in the Labour NEC Elections?
In July, we wrote to the 124 candidates for the NEC elections who had supplied an email address, asking them three questions about where they stand on women’s sex-based rights. We have received 25 responses. Most have been positive and supportive of women’s sex-based rights, and several candidates have signed the Declaration as a result of us our approach. In fact more candidates have signed our Declaration than have signed the LCTR trans pledge which calls for the expulsion of party members who wish to discuss their concerns about sex-based rights. We are not publishing their replies in order to protect candidates, especially women, from the abuse which comes with standing up for women’s rights.
- Register for our first webinar – Tuesday 20 October 7.30 pm
“Labour Women’s Declaration – speaking up for women’s rights in the Labour Party”
Book your free place via Eventbrite here.
- Link up with other party members in your country or region.
If you are not already in touch locally with other gender critical Labour Party members please email us with the name of your CLP, and we will try to put you in touch, in confidence, with others nearby.
- Take action in Scotland
Our supporters in Scotland are involved with the excellent cross-party campaign For Women Scotland, and we are supporting their crowdfunder to take the SNP government to Judicial Review on its redefinition of the word woman. See here for our formal response to the consultation on the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill and here for our response to the Scottish gender recognition reform bill consultation.
- Take action in Wales. In Wales, the devolved administration is led by Labour and our Welsh sisters are active in challenging the Welsh Government’s misunderstandings in relation to the concepts of sex and gender. For further information, please see the Lleisiau Merched Cymru Facebook page or email: email@example.com