We need your help to Support our work
All donations to Labour Women’s Declaration would be very welcome to enhance our work of communications and publicity, lobbying MPs, stalls at events, and funding the LWD fringe event at Labour Conference.
Alternatively, you may wish to donate via bank transfer using the details below.
Labour Women’s Declaration
Account Number: 1994 4810 Sort Code: 01-00-13
Please use your name as ‘Reference’ and email us to let us know of your donation
1. Women and girls are subject to discrimination and oppression on the basis of their sex.
2. Women have the right to freedom of belief, freedom of expression and freedom of assembly (Articles 18, 19 and 20 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights).
3. Women have the right to discuss policies which affect them, without being abused, harassed or intimidated.
4. Women have the right to maintain their sex-based protections, as set out in the Equality Act 2010. These include female-only spaces such as changing rooms, hospital wards, sanitary and sleeping accommodation, refuges, hostels and prisons.
5. Women have the right to participate in single-sex sports, to ensure fairness and safety at all levels of competition.
6. Women have the right to organise themselves, as a sex, across a range of cultural, leisure, educational and political activities.
7. We condemn all attempts to undermine or limit the rights of women to self-organise and call on the Labour Party and the trades union movement to actively support these essential freedoms.